Monday, April 1, 2024

Family Reunion with Lost Branch of Mulligan Family Tree

 Every family has its squabbles.  Some rifts heal quickly.  Others can take years.  For our family, it took one hundred years before the wounds were healed and it happened in dramatic fashion over Easter weekend in St. Cloud, Minnesota.  For the sake of privacy, let's just say the descendants were in the dark until 2012 when a member of our lost Mulligan tribe found what she was looking for on this blog while searching for relatives.  Letters and photos were exchanged by senior members of both sides of the family.  The first face-to-face reunion took place over Easter weekend.  My oh my, what a joy that was.

It's not my place to share other than to say I'm overjoyed.  I will say that I asked forgiveness from my relatives for any hurts that may have been caused by members of the Mulligan clan during these one hundred years of separation.  The doors are open for these wonderful people to get to know each other.  God bless all the people who were once lost but are found.  Welcome home!  Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your lives.  Special thanks to cousin Kristi who gifted me a drum from Ireland, one of her most cherished possessions.  Have a great day.

No comments: