Saturday, April 13, 2024

Crank Up Your Endorphins

The Righteous Brothers song, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, could have been written about one of the greatest losses a human can suffer – decreases in endorphins.  Sadly, low endorphins mean you no longer have that loving feeling when you wake up to face the world.  Is the main chorus from the song a reflection of your life without enough endorphins?

You lost that lovin' feelin'Whoa, that lovin' feelin'You lost that lovin' feelin'Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh

Don't worry.  It's not too late to crank up your endorphins.  The fastest way I know is to head straight for the shower and jump in before the water heats up.  This is not easy for me.  My body hates this part of my morning routine.  I do my best to muffle my moaning and groaning during the most challenging two to three minutes of my day.  Something special happens when I do this.  The loving feeling returns.  Much to my surprise, this loving feeling persists for hours.  This is the best way I know to release a flood of long-lasting endorphins.  On a day like today when I move on to one hour of cardio tennis followed by two more hours of tennis doubles, I find the endorphins crank up yet another notch.  Next is my first meal of the day; a juicy burger with sides of bacon, avocado, cottage cheese and other David Sinclair inspired molecules keep me going in a positive direction.  

If you're having trouble getting out of bed, try the cold shower routine for 30 days and see what happens.  Make sure you increase your exercise routine.  Have a great day.

No comments: