Monday, August 6, 2018

The Adventure Continues

Fear cripples.  Most people choose the "safe" option because of the risk involved.  I believe safe is more risky.  Safe is not in my vocabulary.  Adventure is what drives my choices.  Adventure woke me up at 2:30 in the morning and called my name.  I knew there was no way I could go back to sleep so I showered, packed my travel bag and checked out.  The roads in Calgary were nearly empty on the two hour drive even though it was a Holiday weekend in Canada.  I arrived at Lake Louise before sunrise. There were a handful of photographers setting up for perfect morning shot.  I took some shots of my travel buddy, Wilson, and hiked around the lake.  On the way back I heard people speaking in many languages.  One familiar word could be heard over and over.  "Wilson," they shouted with huge smiles on their faces, forgetting their fears about the bears in the area. 

The parking lot was completely full when I returned to my car and there was a waiting line to get in.  I was happy I answered the call to adventure.  Never again will I allow fear cripple my choices.  Have a great day.

No comments: