Thursday, August 9, 2018

Soar Like an Eagle


One of my teammates asked me what I ate for breakfast during our warmups last night at tennis practice.  "Not much," I replied.  I rarely get tired on the tennis courts.  There are several things I do to help me soar like an eagle.   My food "program" is rather simple – fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, seeds, water, wine and small amounts of dark chocolate for dessert.  I refrain from eating processed foods.  My preferred method of travel is walking.  The more I walk, the better I feel.  I'm on my feet 8 hours a day at my day job.  Sitting is an invitation to a life of lethargy and I avoid it as much as possible.  Adequate amounts of sleep is a must.  Rarely do I sleep less than 8 hours.  If you practice all of these suggestions on a daily basis, you will feel like you found the fountain of youth.

Your attitude determines just how high you will fly.  Hope is your most valuable asset.  If you find yourself struggling in this area of your life, I recommend you spend some time reading Isaiah in the Bible.  You got a glimpse of this prophet in the verse above from Isaiah 40:31...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Are you ready for takeoff?  Go climb a mountain.  Have a great day.

No comments: