Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Sleep on This

 How are you sleeping these days?  8+ hours?  6+ hours?  Under 6 hours?  Roller Coaster ride sleeping?  Do you short your sleep time to gain productivity?  What would your life be like if you committed to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep nightly?  Seem impossible?  Well, maybe you should sleep on this.  I'm serious.  Especially if you happen to be in my age group.  

I remember my youthful days.  Sleep was an after thought.  I averaged four hours a night during my first year of community college.  When a machine (your body) gets overworked bad things happen.  It may not show up right away but this is a train wreck getting ready to happen.

I tell my brain it's time for 8 hours of sleep before I retire for the evening.  This is non-negotiable.  Your brain is like one of your children.  It doesn't get to choose its own curfew.  If you happen to have a wild stallion for a brain, learn to tame it.  Tell your brain it must sleep in order for you to be the best version of yourself you can be.  If you don't believe me, try sleeping 8 hours a night for 30 days and report back to me. What do you have to lose?  You may discover a new way of living.  Have a great day.

No comments: