Thursday, October 20, 2022

How Do You Measure Success?

 I heard something in my early twenties about the definition of success that changed my outlook on the subject.  Here goes:  Success is the continuous journey towards the achievement of predetermined worthwhile goals.  Nearly 40 years later I still consider this as my best measurement tool for success.

My strategies have been modified but the definition is the same.  How about you?  How do you measure success?  Do you find yourself successful in one area of your life but lacking in another?  If so, what can you do to correct the areas of your life that need attention?

I know people who have given up on their journey because they feel overwhelmed.  That's where the idea of a continuous journey helps me.  It's alright to fail.  There are no restrictions on this.  Sometimes you need to explore the wrong path in order to discover that something won't work.  That's progress.  Something else helps me on my journey.  That has to do with expectations.  Progress, no matter how small or insignificant you feel it is, is still progress.  Keep going.  Keep measuring.  Celebrate all victories.  Have a great day.



No comments: