Sunday, October 23, 2022

I'm Looking for Food Rebels

 I had a blown save on Friday.  My story didn't publish until the following day when I discovered I made an error saving and publishing my daily message.  The interesting thing about that story is that even though it was a day late, it still made its way to at least one person who is willing to become a food rebel.  Most people wait until the Holidays are over because there are simply too many food temptations during the Holidays.  In my opinion, it's a vicious cycle that never really ends.  You know the drill... it's the seafood diet.  You see food and you eat it, all of it.  Your stomach bulges.  You wake up on January 1 and pledge to make resolutions.  Yep.  See you next year.  Same time, same challenges.  There is really only one way I know to break out of this endless cycle – become a food rebel, like my friend from elementary school who is on the precipice of a healthy lifestyle.

Some may argue that being a rebel is unAmerican.  They forget about our history.  Remember the Boston Tea Party?  What about Paul Revere?  We are descendants of rebels.  The problem today is so many of us are so sick and nearly dead from our pathetic lifestyles.  We consume processed foods because we're too busy to eat the way our ancestors ate.  Healthy foods require preparation.  Who has time to eat properly when we're so busy trying to eke out a living?  Many of us are so sleep-deprived that we've turned into zombies.  

I'm looking for food rebels.  I want to help others who are just plain sick and tired.  Yep.  Sick and tired.  My hope is to show others by my own example that life can be so much better.  You really don't need coaches when you can learn to be your own coach.  Ask yourself what's on the label the next time you go shopping for groceries.  Hint – if there is a label it's probably loaded with fake stuff that may eventually kill you.  Does fruit come with labels?  How about veggies?  Nuts?  Beans?  Seeds?  You get the picture.  If it's man-made, good luck trying to be healthy.  Go for God made.  Do you see how easy this is?  Coach yourself.  If anyone tries to stop you, remember who you are – a food rebel who is willing to fight for your life.  Trust no one but yourself.  Visit your doctor and ask for a full physical before you begin so you have ammunition when the naysayers attack.  Yes, this is war.  Defend yourself.  Have a great day.

No comments: