Saturday, October 29, 2022

Mystery Date Night a Success

 She was dying to know all day long.  I didn't let the cat out of the bag.  We munched on homemade chicken sandwiches in my vehicle while sipping Carolina, a red wine blend from Chile, out of our travel cups.  The only thing my wife knew was this was something we had never done before.  We had a tiny gap in our schedule for dining so eating out was not an option.  I really liked what was written on the label...  This wine  aims to turn an ordinary day into a special occasion, because no reason is too small to celebrate.  This bottle happened to be a special edition I picked out at my day job prior to our date.  

We strolled by several restaurants on our way to Xtream arena in Coralville.  Crowds huddled around outdoor fire pits.  The outside temperature was just right.  Once we got inside she figured it out.  "Is this the Price is Right?"

We ordered a couple of beers and sat down surrounded by my teammates from my day job.  Joni and Sandy, our employee club volunteers, arranged for about fifty of us to sit together.  All I can say about our mystery date night is that I have a happy wife which makes my life a happy one.  Much thanks to Joni and Sandy for giving us a great evening of fun and laughter.  Have a great day.


No comments: