Friday, October 14, 2022

Are You Ready to Come Home?

 The addict on the street doesn't have a home.  Neither does the runaway.  Even those who live in homes may not really be home.  I'm referring to that place where followers go to worship.  It's that place your parents brought you once a week when you were growing up.  Maybe something happened.  You got disillusioned because something was said or something was done that didn't set well in your stomach so you left.

There are forces outside of this world that are fighting.  One side is fighting for you.  The other side isn't.  If you feel lost it's possible the other side has a grip on you.  What would happen to your life if you decided to come home?  Have you thought about that?  Perhaps the addict really craves this but doesn't know it.  Maybe the runaway longs to be back with family.  I believe with every fiber of my being that our Father wants us.  He may be calling you right now.

I didn't understand the real meaning of worship until recently.  It's a privilege.  It's your dad calling out to you saying, "I miss you.  Come home.  Spend time with me.  I'm waiting."  Whatever the dark side is putting in your head that is keeping you from coming home, my prayer for you today is that stranglehold is released.  Take that first step.  Come home.  Consider this day as your birthday (wink, wink, cuz).  Celebrate.  Make it a family affair.  All of heaven is cheering for you.  Have a great day, especially those loved ones who are celebrating their special day today.

No comments: