Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Distant Eye

A close eye on our elderly loved ones carries with it an infection risk due to this COVID-19 virus now in our world.  The distant eye is ideal for these circumstances.  For me, this blog is my distant eye.  Not only can I share updates with my mother, but I can also keep in touch with people I care about who are separated geographically.

My daily routine has been altered slightly to accommodate the needs of the business at my day job.  We are now opening a couple of hours earlier three days a week.  On those days, I'm now up at 4am doing my morning meditation and blog writing in order to get to work before sunrise.  I was so exhausted last night that I went to bed at 7pm.  It's now 5:15AM and this message is about done.  I will spend about five to ten minutes checking the news and my social media before breakfast and a shower.  The smell of fresh coffee from upstairs tells me my sense of smell is working great but I'll also do a morning temperature check to make sure I'm not showing any symptoms for the doctor who is watching me with a distant eye.  So far, social distancing has been working great.  Thanks to all who are watching over me from afar.  I'm happy to hear from family members that all is well.  Have a great day.

No comments: