Thursday, April 2, 2020

Here's My Road Map for Navigating in Troubled Times

I've got some strong winds in my sails and I'm navigating well in troubled times.  Looking back at all the times in my life when I kept getting smacked in the face over and over, I believe I learned some important lessons about how to get through challenges.  Here are some things I'm doing to sail against the wind.

  • Load up on the fruits and vegetables.  If you feed your body properly, you can be in the best position to handle any attacks from those nasty viruses circulating the globe.
  • Pray.  This is two-way communication with God.  Make sure you listen when you pray.
  • Be on the lookout for those around you who may need your help.  Your words and your actions go a long way in challenging times.
  • Don't give up.  Not ever.  Breathe.  Concentrate on one breath at a time.
  • Meditate.  Quiet time is one of the best things you can do to help you cope with the outside world.
  • Turn off the TV.  You don't need all that negativity.
  • Set some worthwhile goals and pursue them.
  • Have fun.
I'm headed off to my day job.  We are serving our seniors and I get the opportunity to work an early shift.  These are the folks who inspire me with their sincere gratitude.  They appreciate life.  I'm going to follow their example.  Have a great day.

No comments: