Tuesday, April 14, 2020

How I Found My Meditation Sweet Spot

I was hooked the first time I experimented with meditation which means to become aware of.  I haven't missed a day since September.  The process has been evolving as I try different techniques.  One of the biggest lessons I learned has to do with timing.  For me, the best time to meditate is when my mind is halfway between the waking and sleeping stages.  It's like a sort of sweet spot.  The ideal time range to maximize my meditations is between 4am and 5:30am.  When I get it right, I feel like I'm dreaming but I'm aware of what I'm thinking about.  It's like taking a nature hike inside your own body.  There are hidden treasures all over the place.

For those curious about the benefits of daily meditation, I can tell you that it helps me to cope with all the strange events going on in the world around us.  It's the same feeling I get when my bed is made, the chores are done and everything around me is organized and neat.  It's like giving your home a fresh coat of paint.  If you're interested in finding your meditation sweet spot, start out by carving out time to do this daily.  Make it a priority and don't skip a day no matter how busy your life is.  There are numerous YouTube videos you can check out to help you find something that works best for you. Have a great day.

No comments: