Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Top 10 Questions That Changed People I Encounter


Change isn't easy.  Our belief systems are what make us who we are.  They also prevent us from becoming the best version of ourselves.  Here are the top ten questions I've been asked this year.  See if any of these resonate with you...

1.  Question (from a stranger sitting next to me on a plane):  "What's wrong with drinking milk?"
Answer:  "A calf gains 400 pounds in its first year from drinking its mother's milk.  Then, it weans itself and switches to grass.  We are the only mammals in the world who drink milk designed for other mammals and we never wean ourselves.  Do you see now why we have an obesity problem?  (I'll elaborate on this in my next book)."

2.  Question:  "Why don't I have enough time to get things done?"
Answer:  "You have exactly enough time to do whatever is important to you.  In fact, what you're doing right now is your most important priority.  For most, watching television for four or more hours a day is a daily habit.  So is spending another hour or more on Facebook.  For me, writing books, coaching others to maximize their lives, and taking multiple vacations each year are my priorities and I'm willing to sacrifice TV to create all the time I need to make these goals possible."

3.  Question:  "How do I overcome fear?"
Answer:  "By doing the things you fear until fear is no longer the obstacle preventing you from living your dreams."

4.  Question:  "How do I get more money?"
Answer:  "More money isn't what you need.  You need to learn how to live in abundance.  Your credit card companies and your mortgage broker already figured this out.  Their abundance comes from your monthly payments.  Turn this around.  Pay all your debts as soon as possible, one at a time until you're debt free.  Trade in your credit card for a no annual fee rewards card that pays you money back every month for purchases while making sure you never pay one dime of interest because you always pay this balance in full.  You will live in abundace when you stop paying interest for things you acquire that you really don't need."

5.  Question:  "How do I figure out my purpose?"
Answer:  "Ask God."

6.  Question:  "How can I forgive?"
Answer:  "Pray the 'Our Father' prayer like you really mean it.  When you understand God has already forgiven you for everything you've done wrong and He asks you to do the same, you will find a way to forgive.  Pray this prayer until you get it right and learn to forgive."

7.  Question:  "What do I do when my world is falling apart?"
Answer:  "Pray.  Your world may not stop falling apart.  In fact, the falling apart stuff may be exactly what you need to have a better life.  Your prayers will be answered when your world stops falling apart or you gain the wisdom to understand that your world falling apart is exactly what you need to get closer to God.  He is simply removing your obstacles."

8.  Question:  "You don't look like someone who is 58-years-old.  Why do you look so much younger than your age?"
Answer:  I don't drink milk or eat processed foods.  I'm not stressed because I learned how to manage my time and get things done.  I'm not afraid of anything because I face my fears head-on until they're gone.  I live in abundance.  I'm within three years of eliminating my mortgage.  I asked God to show me my purpose and He did.  When I had trouble forgiving people for crossing me, God helped me learn how to forgive.  When my world was falling apart, God revealed to me that it was the only way Jesus could make all things new in my life.  Living in a construction zone is now a way of life for me and I'm okay with that because I really like the way Jesus builds things."

9.  Question:  "Are you ever afraid to call yourself a Christian?"
Answer:  "My only fear is that I fail to call myself a Christian when it really matters."

10.  Question:  "Do you believe in God?"
Answer:  "With every fiber of my being.  I was once blind but now I see.  There are no coincidences, only God-incidences, like the reason you're here today.  Thank you for spending time with me.  May you live long and prosper."

Have a great day.

No comments: