Saturday, May 25, 2019

Think Dirty the Next Time You Shop


Today's post may be a bit scary.  One of my teammates at my day job suggested I give the Think Dirty app a try to learn more about the products we use in our household.  Think Dirty allows you to find out everything you need to know about toxins that may be in the ingredients.  Specifically, the app lists documented evidence of carcinogenicity, developmental and reproductive toxicity and/or allergenicity and immunotoxicity.  I challenge you to download the app on your phone and check out how your products rate.

There are people who ignore what I'm writing about today because they argue the toxins are in such small amounts that they don't pose a danger.  The problem with this thinking is the lack of understanding about what happens when the exposure to these ingredients is on a daily basis or exposure increases with the use of multiple products containing the same toxic ingredients.  It's the frequency that magnifies the danger.

We are committed in our household to minimizing our risk by changing to products using natural ingredients.  Some say this option is expensive.  I believe cancer treatments are more costly and I would rather prevent the problem before it happens.  What are your thoughts?  Have a great day.

No comments: