Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Celebrating My 7 Year Anniversary at My Day Job


I almost missed it yesterday.  A text message from one of my co-workers came through just before I went to bed for the night wishing me a happy 7-year anniversary at my day job.  I was so immersed in a full day of writing that I lost track of time.  It's really hard to believe how quickly these seven years passed.  From our hire date on May 21 to our opening date on June 28, we had only five weeks to introduce ourselves to our new community.

Seven years later I'm doing the same thing.  It feels really good to be a part of something so special as building a new team and spreading our culture to a brand new location eager to embrace into their community.  I'm also thankful to have the opportunity to raise the bar and shoot for a new world record at my day job.  The stars are in alignment.  The competition between stores is fierce.  It's just the way I like it.  There's so much excitement leading up to our opening day in Evansville, Indiana, on June 28, exactly seven years later than my very first store opening as a fledgling employee.  Happy anniversary to all my team-mates.  Have a great day.

No comments: