Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Father

It has now been just over thirty days since I left the cave. As I reconnect with friends and family and meet new people, the question comes up, "what are you up to?" There is usually a surprised look when I tell people that I am doing exactly what I have been called to do and I will do it every day until the day I die. My "job" is to help you change your mind-set (see earlier post entitled, "Mind-set").

I have shared the Zoom story because many of you really want to know how the business is going but that is not my identity. My real purpose is to help you see how you fit into God's Puzzle. The feedback I am getting from all of you shows me I am on the right course.

Before I share today's message, it is important for you to know about my credibility. I really don't have much other than I have been called to write about whatever pops into my head. This includes publishing all the good that Jesus has done and is doing for me. If I had started this blog while in the cave, I would have written about prejudice, hate, anger and being unforgiving. I would have told you that God is too busy for you so go take care of your problems on your own (just like Ben Franklin when he said, "God Helps those who help themselves"). If I had started this blog too soon, you would have been following the demons that possessed me instead of the Creator of the universe. My demons are gone now, and all that fills my heart is the "Holy Spirit".

We all have a place inside of us that we long to fill up. Some of us choose drugs, alcohol and sex to try and fill this space up but it is an infinite space that can only be filled up when we invite Jesus into our hearts. Now I fully understand the meaning of the perfect prayer that He shared with His first followers over two thousand years ago. Here is the prayer and what it means to me...

Our Father

(Jesus could have said "MY Father" since most of us don't like sharing but
the Creator is Father to all...Jews, Christians, Muslims, all other faiths, agnostics, even atheists)

who art in Heaven

(It is one of the only places where we haven't kicked God out. Our schools are a great example- no wonder our world is so messed up)

Hallowed be thy name


(why do we use His name to condemn others when it is sacred?)

Thy Kingdom come

(Jesus asks us to pray for Him to return for all of us)

Thy will be done

(God's plan is better than our plan)

On earth as it is in Heaven

(Everyone in Heaven speaks with one voice...no conflicts, no violence, no wars)

Give us this day our daily bread

(give us what we need to get through today)

and forgive us our trespasses

(clean us up)

as we forgive those who trespass against us

(help us to accept the other "pieces of the puzzle" even if they are different from us)

and lead us not into temptation

(Even 2,000 years ago, Jesus knew that there would be bad stuff on TV, the internet, etc, etc)

but deliver us from evil

(whether we see the demons or not, they are always trying to get us to the dark side)

For Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory, forever and ever


(You're the boss and you get the credit, I am just part of your puzzle)


Amen

(all of us agree)

Like I said, I don't have much credibility, but the One who sent me is Perfect. Ponder this perfect prayer as you face the day ahead of you and see how much easier it is to face whatever challenges are ahead. See you tomorrow!

No comments: