Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mind-set

Yesterday I got the opportunity to see my daughter and my niece on the tennis courts. They were competing against another high school team that was a little bit better and the team only managed one victory. Most of the players on this junior varsity squad are new to tennis and they have come a long way in a short period of time.

As I watched my daughter play, I recalled one of my first tennis matches of my high school days. My competitor walked onto to the court with his coach by his side. They both stared at me as I pulled my racket out of my bag. As soon as I held the racket in my left hand, my opponent threw his hands up in the air. His coach offered some encouraging words but they had no impact... the match was over before it started. This player had never won against "lefties".

Many of the defeats in the world today have to do with what is going on in our heads. If we feel that there is no hope of winning, we are right. The level of success we achieve is directly related to our mind-set. If we can change our mind-set, we can change the outcome.

At Zoom, we have no problem finding superior talent to join us as we expand across the country, one city at a time. After all, Goliath laid off over 4,000 people when they believed they could no longer win in print. These unemployed workers are on the sidelines. They need a new boss with a winning attitude and we can't wait to put some of them back to work.

The conditions we face in our country today are difficult. A superior mind-set is needed to get America back on its feet. It starts with each one of us. Lets promise each other that we will work on our own attitudes and belief systems first, and then go out and make a difference. Victory must be achieved in our minds before it can become a reality in our world.

No comments: