Thursday, September 26, 2024

Can Speed Reading Increase Reading Comprehension?

 It's time for another experiment.  I'm curious about maximizing my reading time while paying attention to my reading comprehension.  There are two benefits I'm seeking – reducing the time allocated to daily reading while learning new ideas to help me become a better version of myself.  

There is a theory that when you read faster by pointing a finger at the sentences you are forcing your brain to focus on the material.  You aren't giving your brain any time to be distracted.  The only way I will know if there is any merit is to experiment with various reading methods.  While watching YouTube videos is my favorite way to learn, I'm planning on dedicating more time to reading.  The local thrift store has an abundance of books to choose from.  The target for 2025 is to read one book a month.  If the speed reading experiment is successful, perhaps I can exceed my own expectations.  The next 90 days will be dedicated to the speed reading/comprehension experiment.  Have a great day.

No comments: