Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Treasure Every Encounter

 


My wife and I were greeted by Veronica who was selling the Cleveland Street Chronicle at the entrance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in support of the homeless in the area.  Neither of us were carrying cash so we promised to hit up an ATM inside and make a donation on our way out.  I felt embarrassed when the ATM machine declined to honor my request.  Veronica understood.  She gave us some information so we could follow up later.  Veronica reminds me of the angels who walk the earth in search of opportunities to inspire us.  This was one of those days.  For those of you who want to help those who could use a hand up, here you go...

NEOCH, 3631 Perkins Ave, #3A-3, Cleveland, OH 44114

NEOCH is Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless.  

Speaking of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I was blessed to sit next to the lead vocalist in the Cleveland Rock Band, NightDrive, who didn't share her passion for music until we were on final approach at Chicago O'Hare on my way home from Canton.  Laura Richards is one of those people you want to sit next to when you're flying.  I found her to be a breath of fresh air.  When I told Laura my wife and I visited the NFL Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, she asked which was my favorite.  I didn't know yet of her love of music when I answered, "Football Hall of Fame."  I told her it was because of a spiritual experience I had while roaming the halls of the best of the best.  It wasn't their prowess on the field that moved me; it was because new inductee, Joe Klecko, used his display case to showcase the reason for his greatness... his faith.  Who shares a picture of Jesus in a moment like this for all the world to see?  Check out the Hall of Fame in Canton and you will see for yourself.

I want to thank Laura for accepting my friend request and for sharing her goals with me while we were together for a brief moment.  Some may argue meetings like this are purely random.  I disagree.  My proof of this has to do with my novel, "The Caveman in the Mirror," and one of Nightdrive's singles, Someone Else, which features a skeleton inside the rearview mirror looking back at the driver.  If this sounds hauntingly familiar to the main character in my novel – Bingo, you hit the jackpot!  What are the odds of that kind of connection?

I promised Laura I would look her up the next time I'm in Cleveland.  Who knows?  Maybe I will bring the whole family.  My wife and adult offspring are all fans of Nightdrive.  Check here to hear a clip from Someone Else and go visit these folks when you're in the Cleveland area.  Tell them your Caveman in the Mirror friend sent you.  Have a great day.




No comments: