Wednesday, August 2, 2023

First Contact

There are phenomena in this world that are beyond human explanation.  There are people we are connected to who help us put the pieces of our own puzzle together.  At a glance, these people may appear as random.  Upon deeper introspection, we see a deeper connection that somehow aids us in our journey of discovery.  Think back to a moment in time when a light bulb went off in your head and you somehow grasped something that was once beyond your level of understanding.  You said to yourself, "Aha!"

I had one of those "aha" moments although it first felt like "Oh no" with a bunch of exclamation marks blasting from inside my very soul.  It was as if Albert Einstein materialized directly in front of me ready to tutor a third grader on the theory of relativity.  This awkward feeling I had inside my heart and soul induced anxiety that still resonates when I think about first contact.  It's like an orphan who finds out about his biological family.  He's stunned.  Then, there is a knock on the door.  He opens the door and sees his biological parents for the first time after years of searching.

Imagine you have been told that you can see yourself in a story that was written thousands of years before you were born.  Everything you need to know about yourself and your purpose in life is in this story.  You decide to open the book and find yourself.  In the back of your mind you have your doubts but you open the book anyways because you are curious.  Boom!  You encounter yourself.  You know it's you in the story because the words your are reading are like your own unique fingerprints.  "How can this be?" you ask yourself.  At first, you resist and even deny.  Maybe it's like a pregnancy test that must be repeated so you can know that the test was actually wrong.  Sorry.  It's 100% accurate.  You have just made first contact with the Creator of the universe.  You asked and the Creator responded.  

Many years have passed since my "first contact" with Jesus.  I will never be able to fully explain how I discovered who I am and what my purpose is, or how a supposed random inquiry turned into a highly detailed road map to Heaven.  All I know is I'm supposed to "publish" every morning when I wake up, just like that biblical character did after his first contact over 2,000 years ago.  If you are reading this, you are one of the people your Creator chose to include in the story.  If this story inspires you to make your own "first contact," then I praise God.  Have a great day.

No comments: