Thursday, December 27, 2018

Take the First Step Today


It's all about the small steps.  Don't worry about the other 999 miles ahead.  Concentrate on one thing – your first step.  I predict a traffic jam on January 1.  That's when everyone else gets out of bed, dreams big about how they're going to conquer all those resolutions, and crowds the roads for the next two to three weeks.  Yep.  21 steps and they're done.  Why not beat the crowds and take your first step today?  I already know I won't see the benefits of my debt reduction plans until I complete the last step in my 1,000 day journey.  My wife is my accountability partner and she promises to stay on the road with me.  I believe every step matters.  Every day matters.  There are no short cuts.

Take your first step today.  Resolve to get through the traffic jam on January 1.  Stay on the road even if you feel like you're the only one on the journey.  Don't give up.  You can do this.  Have a great day.

No comments: