Wednesday, December 19, 2018

How to Find Your Path


Your clues are all around you.  Look around.  What do you see?  Who are the people you're drawn to?  Ignoring what you're naturally drawn to is like canceling a date with destiny before she has a chance to reveal to you this picture of what's on your trail ahead.  This trail leads you to that place where all your dreams come true.

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary of the day when I lost control of my vehicle and slid into an oncoming vehicle on a bad weather day.  The accident made speaking and breathing almost impossible.  I thought maybe this was the end of my trail.  Our daughter was outside the vehicle picking up her belongings that flew out of the car while it spun backwards into a ditch on the side of the road.  I was completely helpless.  My left lung was making gurgling noises.  The driver's door was pushed into my ribs and I couldn't move.  She was exactly one week shy of approaching a new height on her trail and I knew if anything happened to me she might cancel her date with destiny.  I mustered enough strength to make a request.  "Promise me you'll go to training," I said while she stared back nervously.  Then I flashed her my Vulcan hand gesture symbolizing live and prosper and told her, "climb higher."  She didn't have time to answer.  The ambulance arrived and I was gone in a flash.

Much to my surprise, I was released from the hospital 24 hours after the accident and returned home.  Our daughter kissed me good-bye before the week was over and honored my request to climb higher.  What a thrill it was to see her earn her wings two months later.

My request today is that you seek out the clues all around you that will help you find your own trail and then pursue your dreams with everything you have.  Never give up.  Never stop climbing.  Your dream life awaits.  Have a great day.

No comments: