Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Winds of Disaster, Opportunity and Change


Are you content with the direction of your life?  Whatever you do, please don't blame it on the wind.  A wise sailor knows the same wind blows on us all.  The fool calls it disaster while the expert calls it opportunity.   But it's still the same wind for both.  I decided long ago to experiment with the winds of change and ended up 1,800 miles east of the Pacific Ocean.  The winds of change here are abundant.  I'm having the time of my life.  I recall something one of my tennis mentors taught me, "the wind is your friend."  I may not see much of it on the indoor tennis courts here in Iowa but it's certainly blowing in all other areas of my life and I do believe it makes life much more exhilarating.

Wherever you find yourself today, remember to harness the wind and sail like no other.  And if you find yourself far away from where you started, be thankful for all the elements that propelled you, including the wind.  Have a great day.

No comments: