Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Salute to the Trail Blazers


“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Remember the Wonder Years TV show?  It was popular because it reminded all the baby boomers about their own lives growing up in the sixties and seventies.  I can relate.  There were plenty of interesting times.  Something odd struck me this morning.  I thought to myself, what's it going to be like in twenty years when I'm reflecting back on the wonder years of today?  I asked the girl I fell in love with to marry me and she said yes.  We've been offroading ever since our wedding day nearly 27 years ago.  And life keeps getting better, not because everything is going according to plan, but because the two of us are willing to navigate outside our own comfort zones.

If you are one of those trail blazers who won't let anything stop you from having your best life ever, even when situations or people may not fit in to your wonder years script, I salute you.  Thank you for leaving a trail for others.  Have a great day.

No comments: