Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sink or Swim in a Sea of Dreams


My wife saw the dream first.  It was a different sort of dream.  She shared it with me.  My blinders were on.  Maybe that had something to do with fear.  Fear is like the weeds in your garden that take your eyes off your potential.  You can allow the weeds to thrive or you can get busy.  Action is required.  The first time my wife shared her garden dream it seemed too far away and my body was already weary from my trials.  The only way I could get there was to let go of all the anchors causing me to sink in the quicksand.  I was gasping for air.  She offered me a big stick and encouraged me to get back on my feet.  "We can do this together," she said.  Her dream became visible in her sparkling blue eyes.  I admired her self-confidence.  That's the moment when I believed.  I believed that two people who share a dream, no matter how far-fetched, can achieve that dream even when the rest of the world may be blind.  I'm living that dream now.  No more anchors.  No more fear.  It's refreshing to swim in a sea of dreams.  Have a great day.

No comments: