Sunday, April 17, 2016

Healthy Heart Day Test Results Confirm Caveman Food Experiment a Success

I really like successful outcomes, especially when they relate to my own personal health.  Nine months ago I had no idea my food choices were killing me.  My blood pressure was in the stage II Hypertension range and my good cholesterol was MIA.  Yesterday's healthy heart screening confirmed I'm out of the danger zone – mission accomplished without any medicine.  My blood pressure reading of 118/62 and my TC/HDL ratio of 3.8 are both in the normal/ideal range.  Similar results are being duplicated by friends and family members willing to give the caveman food experiment a try.

If you're curious about the caveman food experiment, initiated by my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan, here's how he got me started.  He told me, "eat fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and beans for 45 days and take daily blood pressure readings.  Let's see what happens."  My blood pressure dropped into the normal range within 72 hours.  I lost nearly a pound a day during the first 30 days of the experiment.  My physician was shocked when I went in for a physical.  It's been nine months since I tried the food experiment and now I'm convinced this experiment is now being labeled as a permanent lifestyle change.  The healthy heart day test results confirm what I already believed to be true – risk can be reduced by modifying your food program.  My opinion is that if you eat like a caveman rather than your average American, you can improve your health and reduce your risk for heart disease.  Test this idea out on your own body for 45 days and see what happens.  Have a great day.

No comments: