Sunday, September 17, 2023

The Naked Caveman in My Family Ancestry

Today's story is dedicated to the history/theology buff I met earlier this week while on the side of the road.  Matthew, as a seeker of knowledge, this story is dedicated to you.   I may not have all the answers you are seeking but I do know one thing; history and theology are connected at the hip just as I am to my caveman ancestors.

I never got to thank the stranger who visited our house of worship while I resided in Southern California many moons ago so I'm considering this message as a "pay it foward" moment for a new blog follower.  Here goes:

When you have time, look up La brana 1.  The Letter "n" in brana has a tilde above it.  That's where you will find my caveman ancestor I told you about who was buried in Northern Spain a stone's throw from my mother's ancestors in the town of Rubalcaba nearby.  You will find the blue-eyed, dark-skinned hunter gatherer who died 7,000 years ago leaving behind the oldest DNA of all times that was used to reconstruct what he looked like.

The next clue in the story has to do with the cavemen possessed by demons who also dwelled in caves about 2,000 miles east of the Spanish caveman.  Although separated in time by 5,000 years,  these two most likely share a genetic link.

Now the third and final clue...the Bible story in Luke 8: 26-40.  I mentioned to you in your Bible study group that this demoniac was a publisher.  Even the most diligent of Bible scholars won't make this connection as it's as rare as finding buried treasure in the desert.  Well, I found it in the Douay-Rheimes version of the vulgate Bible I rarely opened until the visitor urged us to open our Bible and look in the mirror.  In an effort to save you time verifying my story, here you go.  It's pasted here for your review...

39 Return to thy house, and tell how great things God hath done to thee. And he went through the whole city, publishing how great things Jesus had done to him.  40 And it came to pass, that when Jesus was returned, the multitude received him: for they were all waiting for him.

Regular story telling resumes tomorrow at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time.  Have a great day.

No comments: