Saturday, September 16, 2023

Lost Anything?

 Today's story is for those who are dealing with loss.  May this story help you on your healing journey.  It's inspired by my new friend, Matthew, who asked for the web address to my blog while we were chatting in a parking lot.  I complimented his son, Hunter, for his cross he was wearing while we were waiting for my teammate to finish some paperwork.  The lull in our busy day allowed Matthew to share his two favorite passions, history and theology.  Matthew put the blog address in his phone and told me he would check out my stories.  I welcomed him to our family once my teammate completed the paperwork.

I showed up to Matthew's bible study group at 6am yesterday.  Hunter was by his side, wearing the cross that opened the door to my invitation to join the group of men from all walks of life.  Without divulging anything that is meant for the men in the group who opened their hearts to a visitor, I want to acknowledge how deeply I was moved.  

Each participant shared what the stories from Luke 15 meant to them.  When it was my turn I was told I could defer or share.  I decided to make myself vulnerable and share what it meant to be welcomed as an outsider.  "I was the lost sheep Jesus searched for.  You represent those in Heaven who have been waiting for me to come back to the fold."

If you are feeling lost or you lost something, take a moment and search for Luke in the Bible.  Luke was a doctor in search of the Creator.  Although not part of the "chosen" ones, he found Jesus and was accepted into the fold.  Luke shares the parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost son in chapter 15.  I will forever remember my time with these men who came together when the doors were shut at their individual houses of worship during the pandemic.  

Thank you, men, for sharing time yesterday.  Matthew, I'm glad you found the link to my daily stories.  Have a great day.

No comments: