Thursday, September 21, 2023

Training Tips for Service People

 Customer service is the key to finding and retaining loyal customers.  Training and development is often overlooked.  I found two sources of inspiration in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

I give five stars to the folks at Scheels who examined a bike pump I struggled with since my initial purchase four months ago.  The pros verified my pump was defective and swapped mine out without ever looking for my original receipt.  

I returned a second time with a flat tire.  The fee to replace it was nominal.  Much to my surprise, they adjusted my breaks to eliminate the noisy squeeks without asking.  High five to the folks at Scheels.

The final example of first rate service is Grizzly's, my favorite eatery in Eau Claire.  Last night was my third visit.  My primary server was on her second night of employment.  I wasn't disappointed.  Another server waited behind her as a shadow in case something unusual came up.  Team teaching is also what Scheels does.  This is how great culture is passed on.  Have a great day.


No comments: