Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Rain or Shine Barbecuing

 Maybe these rain drops falling this morning are tears of joy from Heaven.  I may be away from my dad's weber grill he gifted my family shortly before his earthly departure, but that's not stopping me from grilling steaks rain or shine.  The key is to get the grill up to 400° and add the steaks quickly without extinguishing the flames during the storms.

Heaven has a clear view of what I'm doing, usually twice a day at my hotel as there is no shelter above the grills.  I like to think my dad is watching from above every time I fire up the grill.  Life is good.  In fact, I'm writing today's story from the indoor pool area adjacent to my grill at the hotel during yet another storm.  It's time to head to my morning tennis drills after I eat my ribeye.  Have a great day, rain or shine.

No comments: