Friday, September 1, 2023

This is a Great Time to Be Bold

 The world is upside down.  The debt ceiling rises.  Fear is creeping back in.  In my opinion, this is the time to be bold.  This is the time to celebrate all the good that is all around us.  There are times when it's hard to see the good.  Perhaps that's why I cut the cable years ago.  My heart broke when my wife told me Maui was on fire.  I didn't even know because I was so disconnected from the news.  Well, there happens to be some good news coming out of all that devastation on the island we feel so connected to.  The house of worship we attend on family vacations in the center of all the devastation still stands.  Not a single flower wilted inside.  The people of Lahaina need hope.  They need our prayers.  They need a place to seek God in the midst of their tragedy.

How about you?  Are you facing turmoil in your life?  How are you going to face your challenges?  If you feel overpowered and you have nowhere to turn, why not visit your local house of worship and ask God to give you the gift of boldness?  If you feel weak, ask God to give you strength.  Yes, this is a great time to be bold.  Have a great day.

No comments: