Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Got Overflow?

Scarcity seems common in these times.  If you are one of those people experiencing lack, consider the possibility of a new source of abundance.  When I speak of abundance, the kind of abundance I'm referencing is beyond human imagination.  This story won't do this idea justice because I'm limited in my capacity to express the idea from my human viewpoint.  I only see glimpses from my perspective.  Those who have crossed over ahead of us are living in an eternity of overflow.  

King David of the Old Testament discovered this overflow and he wrote about it in order to inspire future generations.  You can find this and other quotes from him in the Book of Psalms.  Part of Psalm 23:5 goes like this..."My Cup Runneth Over."  In my opinion, a great way to understand this verse is to think about what you need in your life.  If you are thirsty, think of a cup of water.  Drink the cup and soon you get thirsty again.  That's scarcity.  What if the cup had a hose connected to it and the hose was connected to a spring?  There is no "off" valve so the cup is always overflowing.  There is so much water coming from this spring that you feel compelled to share the cup with others who are thirsty.  That's what living in overflow mode looks like.  Connecting your hose to the spring is like finding your own connection to God.  I believe God will always provide more than you need if you seek him.  Have a great day. 

No comments: