Wednesday, March 31, 2021

One More Element of the Longevity Experiment

 As much as I love my grass fed steaks and burgers, I'm really turning into a plant-based consumer.  The American diet is mostly fast foods and processed foods with very little attention paid to fruits and veggies.  I've been able to wean myself from all prescription medicine and maintain a healthy blood pressure without those permission slips physicians hand out because we can't control our poor eating habits which I suspect are the culprits when it comes to illness.

My daily regimen of fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, and seeds is getting another boost when my package arrives today from Amazon.  It's quercetin, a plant flavonol.  There is no hard evidence to support claims that this flavonoid benefits the body.  The reason I'm experimenting with it is because longevity scientist, David Sinclair, is experimenting with it on his own body and he thinks he's getting some benefit.  All I can say is the first two molecules on his list from his book, "Lifespan," seem to be aiding me in my own aging process.  I'm feeling stronger than ever.  Like Sinclair's mice on the treadmill, I'm finding that I can run miles and miles without fatigue.  I'll let you know if I notice anything with the next experiment.  Remember to consult your physician first before trying any of these substances I'm experimenting with.  Have a great day.

No comments: