Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Happy St. Patrick's Day

 I will cherish fond memories of this day, St. Patrick's Day, all of my life.  My dad was named Patrick.  I have a cousin, Patty, born on this day.  My wife and I were blessed with our daughter on this day, 28 years ago.  Sixteen years ago my business partners and I launched a photo ad magazine/internet company.  Just like my wife's doctor who said a birth on this day was out of the question, our computer guru who invented the software we based our company upon told us it would be virtually impossible to launch on this day.  The timeline was so tight that he had no time to test the software prior to launch.  We went live on nothing but the luck of the Irish and a prayer.

My life has been a series of continuous prayers.  My dad is no longer with us.  He turned St. Patrick's Day into a full month of celebrations during his stint as a bar owner at Mulligan's.  His marketing ideas helped us to have food on the table.  He inspired me to take risks.  Some of them have been successful.  Others turned into valuable lessons.  I've had more than my fair share of luck in my life.  I'm thankful for every blessing.  Happy birthday to all who are celebrating this day including cousin Patty and our daughter.  My dad handed out green keychains shaped like shamrocks to his patrons with the quote, "everyone needs a little luck."  May you feel a bit of that luck today and all days.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: