Sunday, March 21, 2021

Life Without Permission Slips

 I'm looking forward to my next physical.  I have a feeling my primary care physician is going to be surprised I'm not using any permission slips.  In my opinion, they are simply excuses for poor decisions regarding food choices and/or lifestyle choices that are simply incompatible with optimal living.  

High cholesterol?  Get a permission slip and keep it up.  High blood pressure due to eating foods that cause inflammation?  Get a permission slip.  When the permission slip no longer works, ask for more.  I'm living without them.  I no longer give my body permission to abuse it and cover up the problem with a pill that simply masks my improper behavior.  That includes processed foods.  No excuses.  It's amazing how well the body functions when you eat foods without labels that contain names you can't pronounce.  Give healthy eating a try.  Cancel your permission slips.  Make sure you notify your doctor about your plans so he or she can help you.  Permission slips are a solution but they don't have to be your only solution.  Have a great day.

No comments: