Tuesday, March 9, 2021

How to Play Par for the Course

 You're working on a big goal.  It may be losing weight, reducing debt, or getting fit.  You feel like you're making some progress but you want more consistency.  Maybe you would like to add some fun as well.  I have a solution for you.  It's "Par for the Course."  You may be wondering if you want to try something from a guy named Mulligan.  All I can say is that this game I concocted is working for me and I'm finally winning in the debt elimination arena.  This area of my life has been elusive.

I'm going to introduce a more detailed version of the game later.  For now, you can be your own coach.  Take out a sheet of paper and write down your goal.  Next, draw 12 boxes for the next 12 months.  In each box, write what your goal is.  That is your par, just like golf.  As each month passes, write down your actual results, just like the scorecard you see on the golf course.  If you hit your goal, give yourself a par.  If you miss, tally a bogey.  If you exceed your expectations for the month, give yourself a birdie.  Keep playing.  Make it fun.  You can replay the same game next year.  If you're bold, keep two scorecards and work on another goal simultaneously.  

Goal achievement can be fun.  It can also be life-changing.  Let me know how you're doing with your game and your goals.  Have a great day.

No comments: