Sunday, February 7, 2021

Teammates Win Epic Battle

 Nothing was going to stop us yesterday.  Not the snowstorm.  Not the long drive to the Quad City Tennis Club in Moline, IL.  Not even the fiercest opponents on the courts in the Men's 18+ 4.0 division in our state.  They showed up with young legs in the singles portion of the league match.  We countered with savvy play in our three doubles matches.  In the end, the match was decided in a 14-12 super tiebreaker.  Our guys have been working hard all year.  I wanted to give a shoutout to my teammates and congratulate them on an epic win.  I was extra happy to have thirty minutes to warm up and defrost my body before our doubles match began.  I was also fortunate to team up with one of the strongest servers on our team.  Thanks, Joe, for your great play yesterday.  We needed all three doubles wins to keep our 2021 winning streak alive.  Have a great day.

No comments: