Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Can You Become a Champion of Debt Reduction?

 When it comes to financial independence, I've made every mistake.  The most important lesson I learned is that as long as you don't give up there's hope.  I'm going to cross the finish line approximately 39 months after coming up with a game I devised to help me on my journey.  That's three months later than I originally forecasted when I set up the game but my tardiness crossing the finish line is still far better than a lifetime of living in debt.  For me, tracking my progress is an important key to success.  

The first year of playing, "Par for the Course" was filled with bogeys.  Bogeys are missed targets for the month, just like coming in over par on the golf course.  During that first year, I recorded my scores and looked for ways to improve my swing.  Year 2 was much better.  I believe I came in at par for about ten months.  Year 3 should come in at par or above for all twelve months.  The three additional months in Year 4 are needed to compensate for the poor performance during the first twelve months of the game.  When it's all over, I will retire the last dollar of my mortgage and share my story with anyone serious about debt reduction.  Today is a great day to get started.  Yes, you can become a champion of debt reduction.  Have a great day.

No comments: