Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Be a Winner at Head Games

 There's an easy way to find out how you're doing with head games.  If you're struggling to get out of bed on the first alarm, you can't get things done, or you easily cave every time you want to make a change in your life, you're losing.  The head games you play determine the outcome in almost every endeavor in your life.

Head games are not won outside your own head, even though your mind will argue otherwise.  Every time your mind tries to convince you that what's going on in the outside world is the reason for your failure, don't listen.  Don't cave.  Resist these thoughts.  They are only excuses.

I'll offer an example from my own life.  This morning I glanced at the weather forecast.  When the weather decreases, head chatter increases.  This week we will probably see -30º and that forecast is increasing the stakes in regards to my head games.  I can already tell you I'm going to win this battle no matter how bleak the weather may be.  I will get up on the first alarm.  I will prepare my body to go out into the elements.  My mind will not stop me because I know how to win at head games.  It's really a decision.  How about you?  What's your decision?  Have a great day.

No comments: