Monday, February 8, 2021

Conversations with God

 I discovered a correlation between the quality level of my conversations with God.  When I'm in periods of danger, my petitions are most dire and I find myself listening more intently.  For example, three years ago when the ambulance was transporting me to the trauma unit at the University of Iowa Hospital, I was praying fervently.  That prayer was continuous for almost the entire time I was in the hospital.  My injuries led me to believe I would be there for a long duration.  My prayers were for healing.  The doctors were unsure about surgery, waiting to see how my body was handling the injuries.  Much to my surprise, my spleen was healing almost immediately.  In fact, it healed enough to call off the surgery and I was released within 24 hours!

Flash forward to another great need for a conversation with God.  It was Thursday, February 4, last week.  I was in the middle of a blizzard on my commute home along I80.  Visibility was almost a zero.  My prayers for safety were so intense that I was almost having an out-of-body experience.  This song I had never heard before came on the Christian radio station by King and Country.  The song title is "Amen."  The music inspired me as if God was speaking directly to me.  I looked up the video on YouTube when I got home and was surprised by what I saw.  The video starts with darkness and a singer is holding a lantern.  It was similar to being in the SUV when my prayers were being sent like an SOS call to God.  Take a look at the video and picture yourself stranded in the darkness like I was during the storm.  Picture God talking to you.  I hope you get a small glimpse of how awesome our God is, not only in those times of danger when our senses are more receptive to hearing God speak.  Have a great day.



No comments: