Tuesday, June 19, 2018

What Does the Best Version of Yourself Look Like?


Today's message is meant for self reflection.  Be careful not to let your ego get in the way of your answer to the question posed, "What does the best version of yourself look like?"  I know I'm guilty of this.  I want the best version of myself to be bigger than life but that's not what my Creator wants of me.  He prefers others see a reflection of Himself when they look in my direction.  Often I get in the way and the picture is distorted.  The best way for me to get a sense of what I need for improvement is to ask my wife.  She may be speaking in a female voice but often times I hear Jesus when she speaks.

Jesus reminds us that to be our best we must be willing to serve others.  The greatest among us is the one willing to put himself or herself last.  I'm going to do my best to focus on serving others today.  When I wake up tomorrow I'm going to repeat this until the best version of myself appears at home, work and in my community.  There's a lot of improving to do and this job may never end.  That's okay.  If you can see Jesus when you look my way then I will be thankful I listened to my wife and heeded her advice.  Have a great day.

No comments: