Sunday, June 24, 2018

Field of Tennis Dreams Deferred


Our tennis season is officially over.  I watched the dream end from the sidelines yesterday.  Congratulations to the state champions from Des Moines who won it all in a thriller.  The difference was in the three super tie breakers.  We came up short in two out of three, the final decided 10-8.  Final team score 3-2.

Practice resumes Wednesday night.  The season may be over but we're not finished pursuing our dreams.  The truth is my tennis dreams will never die until I do and I'm doing everything in my power to extend my seasons as long as humanly possible.  I prefer to be on the courts over the bench.  That means I have to raise my game.  I salute my teammates.  They're fun to be around and they're dedicated to being the best they can be.  This is only one chapter.  There are many unwritten pages to be filled.  Have a great day.

No comments: