Thursday, June 14, 2018

Healthy Life Ahead


I'm a big believer in the tiny steps towards good health.  Gone are my days consuming fast foods and double-sized desserts.  It didn't happen overnight.  Neither did all the warning signs I was in danger.  They were like hazard buttons on my dashboard and I didn't pay attention until all of them were lit up at the same time.  High blood pressure.  High cholesterol.  High triglycerides.  Excessive weight.  I later discovered all of these danger signs were linked by one common problem – inflammation.  I was limping along on the road to Hell and needed to change my ways.

I'm still finding creative ways to prepare meals that improve my overall health.  It all comes down to small daily choices.  Adequate sleep.  Zero processed foods.  Generous portions of fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  No more than two glasses of wine a day.  Walking during breaks.  Avoiding negative people.  Time with nature.  My inflammation is in my rear view mirror and I'm never going back.  If you are seeking a healthy life, pay attention to  your dash board and get the warning signs checked.  It's never too late to get on the road which leads to a healthy life just ahead.  Have a great day.

No comments: