Thursday, March 2, 2017

Living on the Edge


A friend posted a picture of some giant boulders blocking Highway 78 near the town where we raised our children.  The heavy rains caused the landslide and left area residents with only one route out of town.  I had flashbacks of wildfires and other disasters we managed to live through.  In fact, I believe I've been living on the edge most of my life.  The other night we had tornado warnings and I was so focused on my work I didn't even know what was going on outside.

The girl in the picture reminds me what it's like to be a writer with a full plate.  It's a huge challenge to stay on solid ground.  What keeps me going is knowing there is a higher authority calling the shots in my life.  The butterflies are always in your stomach but you can teach them to fly in formation so they become your ally when you're in a fight or flight situation.  There's always a way around the boulders that may force a detour.  Don't ever give up.  Have a great day.

No comments: