Sunday, March 19, 2017

Continuous Improvement is the Name of the Game


Continuous improvement is the name of the game.  I'm referring to the game of life, spread out over four quarters.  I didn't get many things right in the first quarter, except for finding some great friends who encouraged me each time I faltered.  At the end of the second quarter I thought to myself, is it possible to take a mulligan?  That's when I met with my mother who passed on some of her 4th quarter wisdom.  She's the kind of person you want to chat with when it's half-time and you feel like you're getting kicked in the behind.  "No need to go back in time," she said, inspiring me to look at the blank canvas ahead.

I'm a big believer in continuous improvement.  Some days it may only be as much as one step forward.  There are still some face plants every now and then but I believe wisdom is acquired from the desire to learn from every experience.  Have a great day.

No comments: