I celebrated the first day of Spring with a barbecue yesterday with Mrs. Caveman and it may be one of my best grilling experiences ever. I'm giving it a 10 because of the way the veggies turned out. Here's a recap:
- Sweet Potatoes. I covered them in olive oil and baked in the oven at 350º for sixty minutes. Once baked, I wrapped them in aluminum foil and kept them warm on the top layer of the grill.
- Cauliflower. This works best when sliced and placed in an open pan for grilling. Flip once after you see some scorch marks. Set them off to the side off the grill until the zucchini is almost ready and then add the cauliflower on top of the veggies and finish grilling.
- Mushrooms. Add olive oil in frying pan. Slice mushrooms and place in frying pan using medium setting. Flip once and then add to top of grilled zucchini and finish grilling.
- Zucchini. Slice and place in tin foil coated in olive oil. Barbecue using indirect heat to prevent overcooking while grilling steaks. Make sure there's room to add the cauliflower and mushrooms during the last five minutes of grilling the zucchini in tin foil.
- Steaks. Coat in olive oil and turn twice while barbecuing. Use a thermometer for best results.