Sunday, December 19, 2010

Whooieeeeeee

Sometimes, I struggle to find words to describe the feelings I have inside my heart.  Today, I thought I would just make one up.  All these Christmas songs, wonderful decorations, and the Spirit of Christmas are making my endorphin levels go off the charts.

For many, this has been a challenging year.  I can relate.  It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this busy season.   A tiny manger is displayed in my front yard.  A mother to be and her husband are standing in front of their manger, waiting for their Son to be born.  No electricity or running water.  Not even a cell phone to reach out to far away family members.  There they are, out in the cold... waiting.

It's a joyful expectation. They both know that their Son will make all things new. Their presence in my front yard reminds me of who I am waiting for. I spend each day writing about Him and all the good He is doing in my life. He appeared once 2,000 years ago to complete the first manger scene in Bethlehem. He promises to come back again. Every knee shall bend when He arrives. It's enough make one say, "Whooieeeeeee!"

This is a time of preparation for Him. Visit Him at His House. Get to know His voice. You will hear Him when He calls for you. He is coming...


No comments: