Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pursuing Passion

Passion for me is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing.  I have discovered the joy of my journey.  Along the way, I have met some incredible people.  At times, they have extended their hands to me to help me up after a fall.  Whether this has taken place on the tennis courts or in other areas of my life, it feels good to know there are so many people who care.

I  got to share one of my blog messages with my mother yesterday.  God Bless mothers, they know how to inspire their children.  Mom said, "Michael, I want you to send this article to some parenting magazines.  You need to get this published."

'I'm writing a book, mom.  It will be a part of the memoir, as long as I have your permission to share some of these precious memories.  There are valuable lessons to share with my readers.'

"Son, you have my permission.  Make sure I get to see the manuscript before you publish."

As I hung up the phone, I thought, at least mom doesn't have to type the manuscript like she did with my college papers, usually the night before a deadline.  Thank God I finally learned to type, with all my fingers!

Yes, writing has become my number two passion in my life.  It's a close second to playing tennis.  These two parts of my life are connected like Siamese twins.  They are inseparable.  Both have a way of drawing out the passion that's deep inside my heart.  I find myself immersed in both of these activities, often losing track of time.  Even after four hour stints, I still find myself wanting more.  The joy I get from these two pursuits spills over into all other areas of my life.

Maybe today, as you dwell on your life, you feel like the passion inside of you is a mere pilot light.  For some, that pilot light may be extinguished.  There is hope for you.  It's time to turn up the heat.  Yes, light the fire and let it burn.  Pursue passion.  Remember one thing... the journey, as difficult as it may be today, is the biggest part of the adventure.  Don't rush the roller coaster ride, savor it, one moment at a time.  Live your life to the fullest.

No comments: