Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Aha Book Moment

Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine.
~ Oprah Winfrey


Yesterday it happened.  The light bulb went off.  It was the "aha" book moment I needed. The missing puzzle piece is uncovered.  If you have been reading any of these blog messages, I thank you for being with me on the journey and for bearing with me as I wander with my musings.

I wonder about you.  I certainly did not make it easy to find this blog, yet you found it out of over two hundred million blogs floating around in this vast internet universe.  I deliberately made the title obscure, hoping to hide it from criticism.  Yes, I promised God I would create a blog over one year ago when He nudged me to do it, however, I did not fully understand His plan for my life.  It's true, I have been praying for wisdom all my life, I am discovering it right in front of you as you read these snippets.

Today, I am celebrating the 4,000th visitor to this blog.  You are visiting from countries all over the world.  Within a couple of days, this blog will record it's 7,000th page view.  All of this is without a published book, a hard to find name, and a writer who is barely grasping what writing is all about.  I have been meandering all my life, sharing it with you as I attempt to discover why I am here.

My aha moment came after I had been writing for four hours yesterday.  My wife looked at me and said, "Honey, your book is a Memoir."

"What's a memoir?"  I asked with my stupid face.

"Look it up.  I'm not exactly sure of the definition but I have read some and your book is a memoir."

That is the beauty of this time period we are living in.  The internet gives one instant access to all knowledge.  My face lit up as I read through several blogs about memoirs.  A memoir is like an autobiography.  It focuses on a single event or lesson rather than a complete life story.  The author is also a character in the book.  Memoirs are created to teach the reader a lesson.

AHA!  My 5'3" little lady, the love of my life, has done it once again.  Yes, when I prayed for wisdom all those years ago, this is how God answered the prayer.  He sent her to me.  She is the wind beneath my wings, the one who tolerates me as I read chapter after chapter to her or blog post after blog post.

You can check in and check out any time you like.  My wife must endure this daily.  She has had to make many sacrifices to allow me the time I need to complete this book.  There will be a special place in Heaven for her.

Tomorrow will be a big day with my writers group.  I have a specific vision for the book now and a completed outline.  When the world reads "God's Black Sheep Squadron," I will be thanking a lot of people.  Pete, Byron, Barbara, Gail, Bob, my angels in the outfield (there is still room for ninety one more), my tennis buddies, my Zoom partners and employees, my volunteer group friends, my church buddies, my children, relatives, neighbors and customers.  The one on the top of the list is my precious wife.  Yes, she is WISDOM, something I prayed for all my life.  This whole time she has been right in front of me, disguised as an angel.  She is much more than that.  She is the answer to my daily prayers. Thank you, Helen Marie.  You are the real deal.  Thank you for coming into my life and for being the most important piece of God's puzzle.  I thank God for sending you.  I love you with all my heart...

“Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things.” ~ Cicero

No comments: