Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Piano Man


As my brothers and I would sweep the floors and scrub toilets at Mulligan’s on the weekends, we would listen to Billy Joel’s song, “the Piano Man”, on our dad’s jukebox.  My mind instantly goes back to those youthful days any time it plays on the radio.

The piano man is the main character, the one all the patrons come to see.  He has a way of livening the place up.  Mulligan’s is gone now and so is my father, however, those memories are still there.  That old piano was a focal point.  I imagine all the people that stopped in for a visit, to forget about life for a while.

Who inspires you?  Is it the piano man?  Do you have a place where you can go to have some quiet time?  Mulligan’s may not be around any more, however, I have found a place where I can go to meditate and it even has a piano.  It's filled with people like me who are searching for their own piano man, someone who can light up the world.  It’s not that far from my home.  Yes, it is my house of worship.   The people there make me feel welcome.  Sometimes, when I am sitting there quietly, I hear the piano man.  Check it out for yourself.  You may end up hearing your own voices.  It is good for the body and soul, re-energizing…

No comments: